Once again it’s quality not quantity that wins out!
Our client sought to extend his home considerably as follows
- Two storey side extension to the east elevation
- Single storey side extension to the west elevation
- Two storey rear extension
- First floor extension to the front
- Garage and loft conversions, with rooflights to the rear and alterations to the existing brick work
- Construction of detached garage to the front and new front porch
The Planning Consultant at Planning Direct submitted a strong planning statement in support of this application. The statement focussed on the following issues
- this high-quality development complied with national planning policy
- the extension would form an appropriate visual relationship with both the host dwelling and surrounding properties
- the design of the extension would reflect the scale, roof form and materials of the existing dwelling
- the development would preserve the outlook, privacy and light levels enjoyed by neighbouring properties
- it would have very little impact on the existing garden space on the application site
- the proposal will be well-designed and satisfy the relevant policies in Chelmsford City Council Local Plan. Specifically policies relating to
- protecting existing amenity (DC4)
- achieving high quality amenity (DC45)
- extensions to dwellings (DC47)
It is important that you submit a strong Design and Access statement in support of your planning application. A Planning Consultant such as one of the team at Planning Direct will ensure that this is a thorough exploration of all the relevant issues. If you can demonstrate that you have addressed and comply with all relevant local and national planning policy you are far more likely to receive the permission you require to make your desired changes.
In this particular case the client had previously applied to the council back in November 2018 to extend his property on a much smaller scale. This application had been withdrawn, following notification from the Council that approval would not be granted. This revised application, submitted by Planning Direct in May 2019 was for development on a considerably larger scale, proving that it’s the quality of the application not the necessarily the size of the extension that maters the most.
Here’s what these very satisfied clients had to say
“From the first point of contact Planning Direct were extremely thorough, explaining all elements of our planning application process. They greatly assisted in the successful granting of permissions for our proposed development. Their level of communication was very responsive and extremely good. We would highly recommend Planning Direct. They are a knowledgeable and professional company.”
If you would like to discuss your home improvements contact Planning Direct on 01473 407911 or email email@example.com. Out initial advice is free and a planning statement from us could well secure you the permission you need to extend your home.