What are external commissions?

As planning consultants, we’re here to assist you will all aspects of your planning application. This includes identifying the need for documents, drawings and other products to accompany your application to the local council. 

In some cases, you may require a document, drawing or other product that we cannot produce in house. 

We work closely with a variety of firms located throughout the UK to commission a wide range of high-quality planning application products. In some cases, we can offer a more competitive price than if you went directly to the provider. 

What will Planning Direct do?

If you require a product that we cannot produce in house, we will always discuss the requirement with you. If you wish to, you can go and source the product yourself from a provider of your own choosing*. 

If you’d rather leave the work to us, we’ll commission the product on your behalf. You will always be sent the formal quotation and your written agreement to its terms will be required before we proceed with the commission.

We work alongside a variety of partners who we have carefully selected because they consistently provide high-quality and cost-effective products. You can find out more about some of our key partners here. After many years of working together, we have great confidence in the products they offer.

In the event that you require a product that one of our existing partners does not offer, we’ll aim to get you quotations from at least two reputable providers so that you have a choice. 

*Please be aware, however, that we will not accept responsibility if you source the wrong product or its quality is lacking. 

Which planning products do Planning Direct commission externally?

We frequently commission our partners to provide the following products:

  • Arboricultural Impact Assessments (AIAs);
  • Bat surveys;
  • Construction Management Plans (CMPs)
  • Daylight and sunlight assessments;
  • Flood Risk Assessments (FRAs);
  • Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments (LVIAs);
  • Landscaping plans (detailed);
  • Noise Assessments;
  • Odour Assessments;
  • Phase 1 & Phase 2 Habitat Surveys;
  • Phase 1 & Phase 2 Land Contamination Reports;
  • Preliminary Ecological Appraisals (PEAs);
  • Surface Water Drainage Strategies; and
  • Tree Surveys. 

Please be aware that this list is non-exhaustive. 

Back to top